Παρασκευή 16 Ιουνίου 2017

FABIANO ANDREACCHIO AND THE ATOMIC FACTORY – Living Dead Groove Review




FABIANO ANDREACCHIO AND THE ATOMIC FACTORY – Living Dead Groove
Sliptrick Records
Italy proves to have a prolific underground scene that is here to match each and every taste out there. Fabiano Andreacchio and his mates The Atomic Factory are here to please some more specific and peculiar tastes in music. Pinpointing their style is hard to do simply because they are all over the place. However, the foundation of their sound is modern and experimental with lots of grooves and electronic elements.

This means that I’m far from being ideal to present this release simply because my knowledge is limited to the minimum. I’d say that “Living Dead Groove” brought to my mind Rob Zombie, WHITE ZOMBIE, WEDNESDAY 13 and the likes while at the same time enriching this industrial-electronic aspect of their music with some metalcore touches, jazz additions and some elaborate and very impressive guitar parts that may bring to mind bands like CYNIC. The album contains some guest appearances the most prominent of which is that of Jeff Hughell (x-SIX FEET UNDER) in, according to me, one of the best songs from this album along with “Creepy Groove” and “Hypocrisy”. It also has a cover version of NIRVANA’s “Smells like Teen Spirit” which proves once more what I mentioned earlier that their sound is all over the place. The production is good and the artwork really cool and ideal for the topics the band deals with… the dead, zombies and gore in general. This kind of music is not my cup of tea, so I won’t put a grade, because I might be unfair and show my ignorance. However, this is an album for the really open minded who like strange, evolutionary music.
Christine  Parastatidou

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: