Τρίτη 8 Νοεμβρίου 2016

IRON CURTAIN - Guilty as Charged review




IRON CURTAIN - Guilty as Charged
Pure Steel Records
IRON CURTAIN come from Spain and they were formed in 2007. This is their third studio album released from their new label, but in their career so far they have managed to release plenty of EPs and singles. So, let me tell you my impressions from their new album….

I think it is obvious to everyone that we live in an era that worships the 80’s. Almost every day a new band pops out that is inspired by the 80’s traditional metal sound and if you search further you will find bands that copy the style of a specific era of a well known band. I admit that this is fun to listen to, but most of the time they only achieve to make me listen again to the original bands and material. On the other hand there are bands that draw influence from the 80’s, but they craft a sound of their own or at least they try to do so. I think that IRON CURTAIN belongs among these bands.

I have already listened to the previous releases of the band and I have to say that in their new album they stay true to their sound which they love as fans too. Musically the band moves somewhere between the classic heavy metal sound and the melodic speed metal genre. In their sound you will find a strong N.W.O.B.H.M. element and sometimes a bluesy and rock ‘n’ roll feeling filtered though the heavy metal sound. Without reminding something in specific, I am sure that an experienced listener will find some similarities with such bands like JAGUAR, TANK, METALLICA (“Kill ’em All” era) and MOTORHEAD. 

“Guilty as Charged” is an album full of catchy heavy/speed metal songs that are old school and yet sound fresh and dynamic. It is a release that you will listen to again and again, especially if you are into the old school sound. They deserve your attention, I think.


Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: